- This event has passed.
December 6, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Bring your little one to do some exploration and expression with Jessica and the BusyKidz Family! Art and painting actually does teach infants many things, below are 15 reasons why art and infants is a perfect match. We have our infant table to make these exciting Thursday afternoons a little bit easier for the little ones, but they will not be limited to this! Self expression is the goal:) The cost is $5 per child. If you see something we’ve done in the past and want to do it just let us know and we can pull it out!
1. Children can learn informally about mixing and exploring colours.
2. Sensory integration is promoted.
3. All the senses are involved: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and (if you use edible paint) tasting!
4. Finger painting strengthens the finger and hand muscles, thereby improving fine motor development .
5. The development of hand-eye coordination is supported.
6. Finger painting is easier for little fingers that are not yet ready to manipulate a brush with skill.
7. This is a non-prescriptive way of promoting children’s self-expression.
8. There is a focus on the process, not on the end result or the finished product.
9. Painting and art is therapeutic – children can express their feelings visually without using words.
10. It stimulates creativity and imagination.
11. Infant and toddler art is an excellent way of creating shared art work with a group of kids and families working together.
12. The finished art work and the process are stimulation points for discussion on the creative process, the colours, the themes, the design etc , thus language development is promoted.
13. Infants and toddlers learn that they can manipulate and be in control of their surroundings.
14. If you place the paper on the floor, large muscle control and balance could be improved.
15. It is MESSY, which also means it is FUN!